2.23.2011

Cosmic - Caña

I was reading about some health care bill when I started to listen to this; before my very eyes, it transformed into the ballad of the robot apocalypse.  Well, fine, maybe that was just the song.



I don't really know why I put off listening to this for a few days.  So damn good.

You hear the proverbial hammer hit steel on the first robot as the song begins.  Then there is the eerie booting noise, and I you become afraid.  It rises in a crescendo, ending abruptly as the final hammer falls.  Eerie quiet, then shrill scream builds almost too swiftly, cowing me, and Cosmic hits me with the breakdown.  It's an obvious assault after a moment of terror, and it's beautifully effective.  At 1:29, we hear one getting close, beginning to chatter like a hunting cat.  A melody builds quietly behind it, and the pace switches up, Cosmic taking care to never let us get too comfortable.  The floor drops out at 2:12, and the subtle synth in the background starts raising hope to the table, the computer babble overtop taking a different tone now.  At 2:45, things have changed completely.  There's still a battle, no mistake, but with that triumphant new voice maybe there's a chance.  Can't wait to hear how it ends, pretty positive that's not the final release.

Cosmic is an [as of yet] unsigned Spanish producer who apparently speaks not a word of English.  Check out his SoundCloud here.

No comments:

Post a Comment