2.02.2011

1200 Micrograms - LSD

I decided to kick things off with some psytrance, and what a great place to start.  This is a fantastic tune for guided meditation.  I smoked a bit before giving it a listen today, and if you choose to do the same, I highly recommend going full-screen and keeping your face up close so that you fill your vision with the vid.  The combination of alien sounds and trippy imagery started to really hit me with acid vision around 2:45, and by the time I was four minutes in I was sucked into the trance and tripping convincingly.  I'm a big fan of the panning helicopters and mechanical samples used on this track. Hit the jump for the embedded vid.




A bit of trivia for you: the name of the group comes from a comment made by one of the group members, Raja Ram [also one half of Shpongle, another psytrance name you may recognize], who made heavy use of the mind-expanding properties of acid while working on the first album.  At one point he turned to a friend and announced, 'God Paul, I took 1200 micrograms!'

I'm sure you'll see more of these guys from me in the future, they're too good not to include again.  In the meantime, I highly suggest checking out the rest of the first album.

No comments:

Post a Comment