2.06.2011

Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Grifta Remix) // Morgan Page - The Longest Road feat. Lissie (Grifta Remix)













I can't believe I'd never heard of Grifta before today because this is some truly awesome dub.  Hit the jump to give it a listen and introduce yourself to his fresh sound.  I've given you a couple vids to choose from, one old release and the new track that made me stop and stare.




I'm not huge on house, but I always make exceptions for Deadmau5.  By taking his work and spinning it into beautiful airy dubstep, Grifta has solidified his spot on my 'artists to watch' list.  I usually don't hope an artist blows up and makes it big, but if there's a relatively unknown producer out there right now who deserves it, it's this guy.  This is an uplifting tune with a gorgeous chilled out wobbles and a sweet sound you'll be sad you've been missing out on.



UKF recently picked up this track from their dropbox and it's been gaining steam, but there's not nearly enough attention being paid and so I'd like to draw your attention to this wonderful piece.  Thick layers of bass, melancholy piano, and some of the most satisfying and fitting drops I've heard in a long time.  The vocalist tugs at your heart, but Grifta really makes you feel it.  Keep an eye on him.

Buy his tracks here, the dnb is just as worthwhile: http://www.myspace.com/griftamusic/music

No comments:

Post a Comment