2.03.2011

Lady GaGa - Alejandro (Skrillex Remix)

I know a bunch of 'TRUE DUBSTEP FANS' are going to trip over themselves on the way out when they see Skrillex's name in the title [I personally love his work], but allow me to introduce you to Skrillex, the fidget electro house artist.  His work in this genre is exceptional and exactly what I like to hear when I go hunting for fidget.  Let's start the day together with style.  JUMP JUMP JUMP!



This is one of the tracks that introduced me to this particular subgenre.  I have been an electro fan for a while, but fidget was new to me and I'm so glad I found it.  Starting at 0:15, I became infatuated with the glitchy re-interpretation; it keeps the mood of the original song but takes a completely different turn in terms of melody and content.  What an awesome example of the magic of EDM turning a pop tune I wouldn't otherwise listen to into one of my favourite tracks.

Right around 1:00, he drops out to let Gaga take center stage, and while it's definitely not the best part of the song, it's great preparation for the synths he drops at 1:23.  The bass enters to build suspense, and then there's the quiet before the storm and he hits you with the typical Skrillex wizardry.  Lots of glitchy blips bloops and bleeps and a heavy dose of saw synth are layered over finely chopped and warped vocals to provide a complex piece worth pausing a moment to fully digest.  Less growling bass than his dubstep tracks for obvious reasons, but it pokes its head up every so often to make some noise.  The result is a tune that sparkles like a well-polished glass mosaic, and I don't think he could've picked a better ending for it all.

Have I mentioned how much I like those fucking saw synth VWRRRRRRRRs?  Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment